Monday, December 5, 2011

While I'm Alive - 2011 Ükte


Band : While I'm Alive
Album : Ükte
Release Year : 2011
Genre : Atmospheric | Post-Metal | Psychedelic | Experimental
 
Tracklist :
1.A Solitary Deathbed Conversation   
2.Neon Jihad   
3.Celebrated Fall   
4.Mantra   
5.Sparkwood and 21

Interested in adventurous metal? Not the power-kind where true warriors meet dragons but the kind where bluegrass meets sludge. Try Ükte, While I'm Alive's 5-track debut album released in february 2011.

To categorize While I'm Alive isn't easy and "bluegrass meets sludge" only works for a minute. The safest thing to say is that it's alternative metal: heavy, somewhat psychedelic and generally long songs that present a variety of different styles. Post-hardcore? Absolutely. Twin Peaks? Yes. Should we improvise? Please do. Massive post-rock finishes? Why not! Bagpipes? Oh! Experiments? Are you fuckin' kiddin' me. Something for people who don't generally like metal? Definitely.

While I'm Alive isn't a special band because of their mix of styles (I'm pretty sure it's not unique) but because of how they did it. Listening to Ükte as an almost constant "what the fuck was that" kind of an experience, from start to finish. I have no idea what While I'm Alive is, but it sure as hell is something great. -soundslikefinland
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment