Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Fictions - 2011 I Want Nothing


Band : My Fictions
Album : I Want Nothing
Release Year : 2011
Genre : Hardcore | Screamo | Experimental | Progressive

Tracklist :
1. Same Grave
2. Machinery
3. I Am An Ornament
4. Fortune Teller
5. Torch

My Fictions' music hangs somewhere between a classic melodic hardcore appeal and the kind of screamo we know from bands like Touché Amoré. Furthermore it has this dark feel which I love created by slow spheric guitar parts and oh yeah the guy's (amazing) voice is what really wraps up this package as one of the best things I've heard in a (not too long) while (lots of fantastic things pop up nowadays but this is certainly of em). It's obvious these guys didn't want to walk the well-known road crossed by a lot of bands, instead they've created a unique experimental mix which I praise them for. The split with Aviator I have yet to get my hands on.

They've decided to put up this release for free digitally. You're more than welcome to donate what you can to them because it would really help them fund their upcoming tour, but they didn't want to deny this release to anyone that can't afford to pay for it. If you would like to purchase a physical CD copy of the EP you can go to www.myfictions.bigcartel.com. They also have a 10" release of the album coming out on Flannel Gurl Records very soon.

The 10" of this EP is out now through Flannel Gurl Records, and the band will get tour soon, and here's the list :

October 8th - Cambridge, MA at The Democracy Center for Featherweight’s last show w/ Aviator & Old Gray FACEBOOK
October 21st - Manchester, NH at Rocko’s for Pangea’s Record Record Release with Aviator, Astronomer, I, Apparatus FACEBOOK
October 22nd - Providence, RI for Weak Teeth’s Record Release with Breaker, Apart, and Rout FACEBOOK
October 23rd - TBA (NY,PA, NJ... help book?)
October 24th - TBA (MD, DC, etc.. help book?)
October 25th - Blacksburg, VA with CIRCLE TAKES THE SQUARE, PYGMY LUSH, The Bastards of Fate, Regents FACEBOOK

We hope you check out the 10" and support Flannel Gurl Records because they're an awesome group of people who are also putting out Weak Teeth's new LP with Tor Johnson Records soon too!





No comments:

Post a Comment